Mission Partners India, Inc. (MPI) works in partnership with the indigenous local church in South India to help the poorest of the poor. It is the goal of MPI to come “alongside” the Church of South India in realizing a shared vision with mutual respect to build sustainable indigenous programs that promote dignity of marginalized children and families.
The key areas of focus are:
· Education to help break the cycle of poverty
· Meals program for undernourished children
· Micro-enterprise self-help groups for poor rural women
· Rebuilding mission schools
· Empowerment through leadership training
· Other programs such as drilling clean water Bore-wells for thousands of school children
MPI has worked in partnership with the Church of South India since 1998 to address the needs of the marginalized enabling them to provide food and shelter for their families, giving them a hand-up out of poverty, instead of a handout.